Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Hawaiian Haul!

I know it has been a while.  Life has been pretty amazing as well as full on.  I am back from my Hawaiian wedding adventure and I have a few posts that correspond to the trip.  I had a fantastic time sight seeing, shopping, snorkelling and off course getting married.

Waikiki Beach shortly after sunrise

The majority of my time was spent on the Big Island of Hawai'i, but I spent a few days in Waikiki.  I spent quite a few hours shopping the first day we were there and happily entered Sephora and Macy's again for the first time in ages.  To the say the least, I dropped in a couple more times during the trip.

Unfortunately, I had to get rid of all the packaging to make our luggage allowance on the way back.  Some of our wedding guests missed the memo about no gifts.  In addition to the packaging, I also left behind a dear, worn pair of Sperry's.  We had to cut about 7kg of luggage (we crammed a lot of it into our carry on items and hoped no one would weigh them!).

My lovely haul
Here is just a glimpse of my haul.  I may have went a little overboard (my husband has certainly said so in not so many words), but I saved a lot to purchase all my items.  Most items I had researched and lusted for for a long time, but some were certainly impulse purchases as I walked to the counter.

It was quite a lot, but the prices were so much better than Australian ones, which also aided my conscience in purchasing everything.  I will try to give impressions on the items as I use them; however, if you spot anything in the pile that you would like a review on, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being a newly wed! I can't wait to see your posts about all the goodies you picked up. I always manage to go over my limit on the luggage ;)

    ReplyDelete