Friday, December 7, 2012

November Empties

I know this is waaay late, but work still hasn't eased down, which is crazy.  I should be on cruise control at this stage.  So, this is a combined empties from October and November.  I didn't feel my October empties warranted a post on their own.


1.  Burberry 'The Beat' Eau de Toilette-- 

Description from the Burberry Website:
  • An intense and energetic scent with warm top notes of bergamot, cardamom, pink pepper and mandarin
  • Heart notes of Ceylon tea, iris and bluebell add a floral texture
  • White musk, vetiver and cedar wood give depth to this sensual fragrance
This is my favourite fragrance full stop.  I love what Burberry produces, but this is the best in my opinion.  With saying that, however, I am very inclined to purchase 'Body' by Burberry as well.  It's the closest a fragrance has come to overthrowing 'The Beat.'  I repurchased this before the bottle was empty.  I can't go without it.

2.  Natio Gentle Cleansing Wipes-- I purchased these to receive a GWP.  These wipes smell really nicely (green tea and chamomile), which I assume is why they're a part of Natio's Aromatherapy range.  They do an okay job of removing make-up, but do not get them near your eyes.  They will burn and irritate them.  As a result, I will not repurchase these.

3.  L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer-- I have been using this for years.  Having a strong Irish heritage, my skin is naturally red practically all the time.  Not a fantastic combination with my fair complexion.  However, this primer balances the redness wonderfully.  The formula is a bit runny, but its effects counter that.  I have already repurchased.  

4.  Witch Blemish Stick-- You may recall seeing this in my October favourites (found here).  I really do like this product; however, I really want a stronger product to get rid of those occasional ugly blemishes quickly.  I have repurchased this because it's good for the occasional 'normal' blemishes.

5.  Clearasil Ultra Overnight Scrub-- It seemed like I had this for ages!  I really like this scrub.  First of all, it is the kind of scrub I enjoy massaging into my face.  It has just the right amount of coarseness.  I'm not a fan of gentle scrubs.  This product did visibly clear up my skin.  Again, it's not a miracle product, but it's a good product.  I have decided to continue trying more scrubs before repurchasing this one.  I am currently using Witch Exfoliating Face Wash.  I'll review this soon, but I don't like it as much as the Clearasil one.

6.  Sranrom Body Wash in Awakening Vitality--

Description from the Bellabox website:
  • Extracts of of Aloe Vera sooth and moisturise your skin, while Cantella and Moringa add a perfect, invigorating complement. Your skin will truly feel vital from the effects of essential oils of lemongrass and kafir lime.
This body wash smells amazing!  My partner received it in his October Men's Bellobox (found here).  He loved it.  I loved it.  We repurchased it.  Once.  It's quite expensive ($22 for 200mL) for body wash.  However, if you can get past the cost and want to try an Eco friendly brand that has some amazing products, definitely give them a try.

7 and 8.  Klorane Gentle Shampoo with Oat Milk and Klorane Conditioner-- I received these in my October Bellabox (found here) and to be honest, I'm not that impressed.  The shampoo was far too runny for my tastes and I found the conditioner didn't really add anything extra in terms of moisture and shine to my hair.  I will not repurchase these.

9.  Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub-- I received this in a Bellabox Shop order.  I really really like this!  It's a different kind of scrub than what I'd typically use; it uses beads to do the exfoliating.  This scrub left my skin feeling cool and refreshed.  Similar to the sensation you get with you breath in deeply while eating a mint.  It's crazy cool.  I will be trying this out once my Witch scrub is finished.  

10.  Eco Minerals Flawless Mineral Foundation in Light Beige-- This was a sample I received from Eco Minerals.  I love local companies and especially those that take the environment and animals seriously (the vegetarian in me coming through).  This foundation provided a light coverage, leaving a natural look, which is exactly what I want in a foundation.  I have purchased a full size foundation, which came with a mineral blush, eye shadow and brush.  It's under my Christmas tree and I cannot wait to use it again!  Definitely give them a look.

I'm so happy I can now throw these out!!


6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love klorane products, they are so good quality :)


    Im doing a giveaway on my blog, youre welcome to participate

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/2012/12/christmas-giveaway-100-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have any Klorane products that you would recommend? I didn't really like the two I've tried. And thanks for the info!

      Delete
  2. I love the L'oreal redness primper too, its just brilliant!!!

    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love it! I don't think I could go without it. Have you tried any of the other L'oreal primers?

      Delete
  3. I love the KLORANE products, they never fail me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which products do you use? I'd love to try some recommended products! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete