Wednesday, December 12, 2012

OotD: Nicki Inspired

This past weekend I went to the Nicki Minaj concert.  I'm not the hugest fan of Nicki; it's not really my style of music.  With that said, it was pretty amazing.  Her concert was such a spectacle.  The set amazing.  The lighting amazing.  The special effects amazing.  It was a great night and the support acts offered plenty of opportunities to people watch.  I wanted to share my outfit, make-up and nails for the event!


My dress is from Modcloth.  I love its vibrant, primary colours.  Plus it has a bit of tulle underneath to fill it out on the bottom.
My shoes were from Target.  They're a great pair of navy wedges. 


The key features of my make-up were my bright, aqua eye liner and my bright cheeks.  After seeing Mishelle's post about the Australis 10 hour eye liner, I knew I had to get it!  I paired this with Gold Card and Pretty in Mink eyeshadow from Benefit's She's So Jetset kit and They're Real Mascara.  For my cheeks I used Femme Fatale's Velvet Cupcake.  Stay tuned for a more in-depth post.


For my nails, I had to use colours from the OPI Nicki Minaj collection!  I chose my two favourites from the collection, Fly and Save Me.  I have two coats of Fly with a coat of Save Me painted on top.   I really like the combination.

Have you been to any extravagant concerts lately?

9 comments:

  1. I not a fan of Nicki Minaj or her music but this is such a cute outfit. The nails & eyeliner work well together & I absolutely LOVE Benefit's They're Real Mascara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and how great is They're Real?! I'm not too keen on Nicki's music either (I'm into completely different genres), but she's such an interesting individual.

      Delete
  2. This dress is so pretty :) I don't really like Nicki though!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I debated for a while whether I would actually buy it and I am so glad that I did. Modcloth is always a bit of a gamble, but I've been quite lucky. Nicki is very much a polarizing artist!

      Delete
    2. I only have one dress from there and it's a little bit too long on me so I usually hitch it up with a belt :)
      x

      Delete
  3. I adore your outfit, it looks so Nicki but in a cute version :)
    xxx

    I'm following you

    Flo

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh what a pretty dress, love the nails combo!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was very happy with how the nails turned out!

      Delete