Sunday, October 14, 2012

Beauty Boxes: Men's Edition

I was late getting into the beauty box craze and I am currently awaiting my first box.  After much deliberation, I decided on subscribing to Bellabox.  However, after seeing reviews of Lust Have It (LHI) Eco Box, I have also subscribed to that.  Again, anxiously waiting that box as well.

As a result of my interest in these boxes, I have also convinced my partner to sign up to one.  We went with Bellabox's Mens' Edition.  Of course, that arrived before any of mine.  Karma. 

Opening the Mens' Bellabox
We were both surprised to see how much was in it.  Definitely worth the $30 fee.  It was sweet being exposed to new brands and products, which makes me want my box even more.

All the items in the box
Here is a list of everything that was in this quarterly installment:

  • Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm Squeeze Tube, 10g---This was full size and has a retail value of $5.99
  • Z Zegna Eau de Toilette, 1.2g---Full size (100mL) retails for $110
  • American Crew Precision Shave Gel, 7.4mL---Full size (150mL) retails for $24.90
  • Lancome Men Age Fight Anti-Age Perfecting Fluid, 1mL---Full size (100mL) retails for $110
  • USPA Supernatural Men's Sandalwood Cleanser, 30mL---Full size (250mL) retails for $28.95
  • USPA Supernatural Men's Bambusa Facial Scrub, 30mL---Full size (150mL) retails for $34
  • Faulding Multi Mens Energy Formula, 60 Tablets---This is full size and retails for $14.99
  • Bioderma Sebium Foaming Gel, 10mL---Full size (200mL) retails for $24.95
  • Bioderma Sebium AKN Purifying Corrective Care, 5mL---Full size (30mL) retails for $24.95
  • Avene Soothing Moisture Mask, 5mL---Full size (50mL) retails for $38.95
  • Nivea for Men Skin Energy Face Wash Q10, 15mL---Full size (75mL) retails for $7.99
  • Nivea for Men Skin Energy Moisturiser Q10, 15mL---Full size (50mL) retails for $13.87
  • Emerginc Multi-Fruit Cleanser, 3mL---Full size (240mL) retails for $63
  • Emerginc Protocell Face Cream, 3mL---Full size (50mL) retails for $140
  • Sranrom Shower Gel, 75mL---Full size (200mL) retails at $22
My partner has tried a fair few of these already and has some winners and losers and in-betweeners. 

Winners:
  • Carmex Lip Balm (He now uses this daily.  I am stunned.)
  • Z Zegna (He really likes it, but I find it slightly over-powering.  I'm trying to introduce fragrances to him now since he is keen on getting one)
  • Nivea Moisturiser (Smells nice and 'it feels like it works,' according to him)
  • Sranrom Shower Gel (Smells really good, environmentally friendly)
  • USPA Supernatural Men's Sandalwood Cleanser (He really likes it and I like it because he now cleans his face)
In-betweeners:
  •  Nivea Face Wash (Not as good as other things.  Nothing special)
Losers:
  • American Crew Precision Shave Gel (Smell didn't work for him neither did the feel of it)
  • Emerginc Multi-Fruit Cleanser (Smell really bad and not as good as the other cleansers included)
I will update again once more products are tried and tested. 

Again, I'm really looking forward to getting my own box this month and my partner is slightly sad that he has to wait until December-ish to get his next box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment