Saturday, October 13, 2012

NOTD: OPI Nicki Minaj Pink Friday and Save Me

I used to be obsessed with nail polish but it hasn't been until recently that I have regained that interest and excitement.  A week or so ago, I went on a mini OPI shopping spree at David Jones.  Who can pass up by two items get the third free?  Gifts with purchases are my weakness.  Here is a shot of my haul:

I love mini things.  Especially nail polish.  I find I can never get through a whole bottle anyways and I think it's more fun to have lots of shades for the price of one (especially considering the prices here in Australia).  I chose to get the Nicki Minaj collection (like seriously, was there any option not to?), the Holland collection (I've been dying to try 'I have a herring problem') and the So So Skullicious collection because Halloween is fast approaching (and I wanted an orange nail polish).

Here are the two polishes I used today: 'Pink Friday' and 'Save Me' from the Nicki Minaj collection.

 L: 'Save Me'  R: 'Pink Friday'

I really like these two colours.  'Save Me' is definitely my favourite of the two.  It's a lovely glitter polish that has really fine silver glitter and thin strips of blue and gold glitter.  It applies really smoothly and looks great on its own.  'Pink Friday' is a great light pink.  It is bright, but not in-your-face if you get what I mean.  It's subtle.  The only thing I'm not too fond of is how it looks with my skin.  I am quite fair-skinned so the pink sort of blends in, but this wouldn't be applicable to a majority of the population.  

With Flash


I am loving the feature nail trend, so you will see that quite often in my NOTDs.  It's fun and let's me subtly use two nail polishes.  I have only applied two coats of each of the nail polishes.  A third would make it perfectly opaque, but I was content with two coats.

No Flash

I am looking forward to playing with 'Save Me' again in the future.

What do you think of these colours?  Do you have any others in the Nicki Minaj collection?  I cannot wait to try out 'Fly' and 'Did it on 'Em'.

2 comments:

  1. Pink Friday looks gorgeous on your nails :) I have Save Me - it is such a fun nail polish, especially with the holographic bar glitter. Can get a bit hairy though!

    ReplyDelete