Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bellabox January and February 2013 + Order

So, I know this is late.  Like really late.  I've begun to lose interest in my beauty box subscriptions.  Scratch that, mainly I've lost interest in bellabox after some pretty disappointing boxes.  I still love my LHI Eco and Mirenesse VIP box (stay tuned for that post soon), but if this upcoming bb box isn't great, I'm out.

Anyway, onto a brief recap of January, then an order from the bb shop and finally the February box.

I do get a little excited when I see the box waiting at the door.


January's Contents
I like that the theme was Australian brands and I'm happy I didn't get the really bad box, but I was still not wowed by these contents.  My partner had received the Swisse Body Wash in one of his belloboxes, so this was boring and I just gave it to him.  The Aloe is okay.  I'm fair skinned and burn when the sun peeks through a cloud.  Though still boring.  To be honest, I still haven't used the FOA lipgloss.  It hasn't even tempted me.  I didn't even open the Natio sachet.  Medium.  No way.  I have tried the Fair in the store and I've been really tempted to purchase it, but I love my current BB cream (more on that later).  Wotnot wipes.  Yea, they're wipes.  Nothing really exciting or innovative about them.

Left: Purchases Right: Freebies
I used my bellabox points during one of their sales to pick up the Bioderma Sebium H2O, ulittle beauty Natural Shine Hair Serum and Byron Bay Detox Foot Patches (to get free shipping).  Unfortunately, they didn't have the Bioderma in stock (and it took ages to get it in stock) so they sent some freebies to make up for it.  By the end of the experience, I was more excited by the freebies (more exciting samples than I'd been receiving in my bellabox).  Anyway, I was happy with how they handled the situation.  To be honest, their customer service maintained my subscription a little longer.

February Box
I did think the card and heart tissue paper was a lovely touch.  Again, I was pretty excited to see what was beneath it.

Meh.  Not too bad.
There were some products I loved in this box and some I didn't care much for.  I love the Frizz-Ease curl perfecting spray.  My hair is naturally wavy/some times there's ringlets (it's weird) and this has helped tame it a bit, but I can see if you don't have any curl that this would be really disappointing.  I also loved the U Skin Solutions Clarifying Cleansing Gel.  I was disappointed that I didn't get the exfoliant, because I prefer that to cleanser, but wow! I love this stuff.  I only got three uses out of this, but the smell is to die for.  I may use my remaining bellabox points to get this.  The other products...whatev, except the eye liner.  Now, that was exciting.


I have been lusting after Eye of Horus products for a long time now.  I was really hoping that I received the Bronze eye liner, but in the end, I'm happy to receive the charcoal obsidian pencil.  I don't have any sparkly black eyeliners, so this has been a nice addition.

L: Normal Swatch, R: After trying to smear it off

I've seen a fair bit of hate on this product and how it smudges.  I haven't experience that at all.  Above are two swatches.  One that I left alone and the second that I tried (really hard) to smear, but nothing really happened.

I have my fingers crossed that March will be excellent, but I'm not holding my breath.

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same as you. I'm thinking of unsubbing after this months box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I have really missed my bellabox subscription so far! However, that eye liner does look nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I don't think I'll miss it either when it's gone.

      Delete