Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mirenesse VIP February Box

Every two months, I get a wonderful surprise in the mail from Mirenesse.  My VIP Beauty Box.  I have received two so far and I have loved each one.


These are the contents of the February box.  I love the Mirenesse packaging.  It always feels so classy.


I will admit, initially I was a little disappointed because I have two of these items (eye shadow and a mini version of the lipstick); however, I have completely different colours so it all worked out!

Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadow in Bora Pearls.  I'm a nude girl when it comes to eyeshadow so when I opened the packaging to see these blue ones, I was a bit shocked.  They look stunning and the formula of these shadows is to die for.  It is so pigmented and so creamy, plus it lasts!  I would never use all three of these together, because I connotate blue eyeshadow with the Drew Carey Show.  With that said, I do love using these in combination with other more natural hues.

Inside Out 27Hr Eye Kohl in Isis.  I've been dying to try these.  When I saw that I received one, I crossed my fingers and hoped for Cleo or Ra.  Unfortunately that stunning green wasn't in my package, but this really pretty blue was.  The swatch was darker than the packaging hinted at, which was a little disappointing.  Again, Mirenesse has a wonderful formula.  It applies so smoothly and doesn't smudge. The shade does have some sparkle in it.  I loved this so much, I ordered a pack of 5 from the website (yes, it has Cleo and Ra!).  It also has another Isis in it, so perhaps that will be in a future giveaway.

French Kiss Lip Cocktail in Red Lotus.  I have one of these and I really liked the formula.  It is really smooth and moisturising on my lips.  Plus, it's a nearly perfect shade of red for me.  I've always wanted to pull off the red lip, but I feel most look to bold and wash out my pale skin.  This one is a bit brighter and sheerer than others I have tested and it works really nicely.

Swatches L to R: Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadows, Inside Out Eye Kohl in Isis, French Kiss Lip Cocktail in Red Lotus
I also wanted to include swatches for the other Pearl Crush Creaseless Shadow I have.  I bought this before Christmas and sadly it doesn't get enough wear (I think I forgot about it).  The palette is in the shade Akoya Pearls and it's a lovely nude collection.

Akoya Pearls
The swatches are lovely.  I wish the third shade was a bit more brown instead of orange, but it still looks really pretty.

Swatches
If you're interested, the Mirenesse VIP program cost $25 a month.  You receive a beauty box every second month.  Each month you receive a $25 voucher to spend online, so essentially you get your money back.  Even if you don't use your voucher each month, the box will make up for it.  Being a VIP member, also entitles you to discounts on all items and free shipping.  If you like Mirenesse products, this is definitely worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I am debating whether to sign up for this! I love the look of their lip products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved my subscription so far and I definitely recommend it. It's introduced me to lots of great products I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise.

      Delete