Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Benefit Box o' Powders

It is no secret that I love Benefit.  I have yet to be disappointed by their products (some have had rocky starts...cough..tints...cough, but we've made it through).  I am in love with their Box o' Powders.  I love blush.  I love cute packaging  I love quality.  These boxes contain all of these things.

The growing collection
I have begun to acquire a small collection of these beauties.  You can check out my Sugarbomb post here (it's been mentioned heaps of times on this blog).  All together, there are 9 box o' powders.  I currently have four full sizes and two minis of Hoola and Coralista.  Each of these blushes is quite distinct and they all smell lovely (Bella Bamba smelling the best!).

L: Sugarbomb, R: Dandelion 
Sugarbomb was my first Benefit blush and it is still my favourite (though only narrowly).  I love the shimmer.  I love the colour.  It looks great on my skin.

Dandelion is marketed as a face brightening powder.  It is a very pale pink and the swatch below is applied quite heavily.  It does brighten up your complexion and it is buildable.  This works quite well on fair skin, but I don't know how well it would show up on darker complexions.  I like this one, but I can just as easily live without it.

L: Hervana, R: Bella Bamba
Hervana is another great blush.  I never swatched it until now and I was surprised by how light it was.  For some reason, I thought it was more like Sugarbomb (most likely because they're both swirl-ish designs).  This is a cool toned pink and contains virtually no shimmer, for these reasons, it's a great everyday blush.  This one also comes with an angled brush in the box (I love these brushes and don't know why they get hate).

Bella Bamba is the most recent addition to my collection.  This is marketed as a 3D blush if applied correctly.  I'm not so sure about that... to be honest, I'm not too sure exactly what is meant by 3D.  With that said, this blush is gorgeous!  It is vibrant and extremely shimmery.  It's definitely not a subtle blush, though you can apply it lightly and build it up.

Swatches L to R: Sugarbomb, Dandelion, Hervana, Bella Bamba




All of these blushes hold up really well throughout the day.  They're soft and apply easily to your cheeks.  They look and smell fantastic.  They are a bit pricey ($28), but you get 0.28 oz vs a Nars blush for $28 for 0.16 oz then they're a pretty good deal.

What is your favourite box o' powder?

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried anything from Benefit yet, and really want to! Bella Bamba is at the top of my list, how pretty! I think the worst part is that the packaging is quite bulky.
    Following you now, btw :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The packaging is pretty bulky. Definitely not the easiest thing to store and carry around.

      Delete
  2. I love Bella Bamba, it's so flattering. Smells lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Benefit boxed powders - I have Hervana and Dallas full size (and Hoola), plus samples of Sugarbomb and Coralista. I'm eyeing Bella Bamba but not sure if it'd be too shimmery on me. Dandelion is super pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella Bamba is pretty full on, but you it definitely builds up, but the shimmer is still there.

      Delete