Thursday, March 21, 2013

March Bellabox

I will start this post by saying I really wanted to hate my box this month. I am currently subscribed to 3 subscription boxes (4 if you want to include the Bellobox) and I want to cancel some of them.

Since being subscribed to Bellabox, I have only loved one box (my first, October). I liked November, but December and January were utter disappointments. Unlike many people, I actually really liked my February Bellabox, but I decided if this month's was poor, I'd say goodbye. I believed that decision would reside in whether I received the Clinique lipstick. I didn't. And yet, I still really like my box. Darn!

I liked the strawberry sticker and the coloured tissue paper :)

I was very surprised with my box. I hadn't read any reviews of the exact box I received, which has been a first, especially since it takes so long for the box to arrive in WA.

Here are my contents. I just opened this upon arriving home from work so I don't have too many opinions (well, fact based opinions :) on the products themselves.

The contents

I received the Ocean Essence Coconut Body Milk, which feels really light and the smell is very subtle. My experience with coconut has always been overpowering. I also received the Ocean Essence Pink Diamond Face Mask. I am really intrigued by this. The card doesn't provide a lot of information, so I am going to do some research on it.

I received Glamourflage Lip Balm in Daisy Delight (Cherry). I have never heard of this brand, but I love love love the texture of this balm. It applies so smoothly. I have never experienced another tin lip balm like it. There isn't really any colour payoff, which is slightly disappointing since it is one of the two colour items in the box.

Next up is a DB lip pencil in pink. I received a DB eyeliner before with this packaging and I am not a fan. It is far too long and although I like the fact it has a sharpener in it, it isn't aesthetically appealing to the eye. With my hatred for the packaging placed aside, I don't mind receiving this. I don't own any lip pencils and this is a really nice colour so maybe it will inspire me to use lip liners or confirm that I don't need them.

My favourite item is the Clinique High Impact Mascara. I received a sample last year with a gift with purchase and I loved it!  It makes my eye lashes look amazing.  That one was in shade 11 Brightening Black, so I'm intrigued to see how shade 01 Black compares. I used it again today and I may like it more than Benefit They're Real, which I didn't think possible. I will definitely be experimenting with them both to confirm this.

There was a bonus product, a Swisse Active Energy Bar; however, since it contains milk and possibly traces of egg I can't eat it and neither can my partner because of our vegetarian diets. I will pass it on to someone at work.

All in all, I think I do like my Bellabox. This hasn't been my favourite, but I feel I received products that I will use and I feel I got a good deal for the price. It looks like I'm with you for at least another month, Bellabox.

3 comments:

  1. We got the exact same box :) I'm very pleased with this box because like you said It has products I know I will use as they are products I lean towards when buying but I've never tried anything from this box :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun is it squishing the mask around? I almost don't want to open it haha.

      Delete
    2. haha I know right it's all I could do for quite a while then I realized I had a whole box of things to look through not just a mask :)

      Delete