Monday, March 11, 2013

NARS Foreplay Palette

This product had been on my wish list for ages.  Its visual aesthetic was calling out to me.  That and the fact that I still had never tried, let alone owned, Nars Orgasm.

Beautiful Box and Classic Packaging
I loved the box (I think I may actually keep this one).  And now I understand what everyone says about their Nars packaging getting dirty so easily.  I wish I had taken photos of this product before using it for a while.

The palette
This palette has been describe as Nars Orgasm deconstructed.  The big pan is Orgasm.  It is quite shimmery, which is part of the awesomeness surrounding this blush.  The two squares on the left are very pigmented, matte blushes.  They're not the easiest to blend out, but they aren't bad.  I really really like them.  The top rectangle is a highlighter and its very gold.  I think it's a bit too gold for my skin, but if I use it very sparingly, I can get away with it.

L to R: Orgasm, Fuchsia Blush, Coral Blush, Highlighter

I can't believe it has taken this long for me to get my hands on Orgasm.  I love it!  In fact, I love all the blushes in this palette.  My only gripe is in regards to the size of the pans.  They're pretty small and I feel hard to get to.  I use my Real Techniques blush brush and it does okay, but I'd love the pans to be slightly larger just so it's easier to get the powder onto the brush.

I purchased this for $49 from Amazon's Sephora shop.

11 comments:

  1. I personally don't own a lot of Nars products (too pricey for me) but my sister is obsessed with them & she has so many products & of course she lets me use them :) She owns this & I love it. Its a great way to try different types of blushes to see what you like & don't like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palettes are certainly a great way to try different blushes! I'm so glad I loved all of them in this one!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a lovely palette! Orgasm is such a pretty blush and is at the top of my Nars wish list for when I can justify spending so much on it! The matte shade are very pretty too - especially the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a while to convince myself that I could buy this. It now want to try a lot more!

      Delete
  3. Didn't know Sephora had an Amazon shop! I love NARS blushes - they're my favourite. I prefer Deep Throat to Orgasm, but Orgasm is nice for more special occasions or when you want that extra 'glow' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep throat is definitely on my list. I'm hoping to grab a couple more when I go to the States later this year.

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous palette, I need some Nars in my life

    A little bit Unique

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad I now have Nars in my life haha!

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty! I have orgasm and I didn't like it the first time I used it but now I adore it :) I like the fuschia colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I would love to try it x

    ReplyDelete