Sunday, March 17, 2013

Paul and Joe: Pencil Eye Liner

For a while, I was on the hunt for a beautiful (and natural) waterline eye liner.  I thought I had a chance when Rimmel released their Scandaleyes eye liner in nude.  It's so hard to find a good nude eyeliner, especially an affordable one.  Unfortunately, the nude one wasn't great for my skin tone.  It's far too yellow and looks a bit fake.

The searched continued and then I found this beauty.  Paul & Joe Pencil Eye Liner in Angel.


First, can we acknowledge how adorable the packaging is?  I think they could have convinced me this was the product I needed with that alone.  I'm such a sucker for cutesy packaging.


It's not exactly nude and it's not exactly matte (it's none of those really), but it works so well!  The pink tone and shimmer surprisingly look fantastic on my water line.  In a way it looks natural.  It matches my skin tone far better than the Rimmel one plus the shimmer makes it bright and glistening.


The swatch makes it look like a highlighter or an eye shadow, but I cannot express how great it looks on the waterline.  I wish it was a tad more creamy.  It ever-so-slightly pulls on the skin a bit when applied.  Nothing horrendous, but not perfect.


I have a couple of Face of the Days that I'm going to see if I can successfully post.  Some that use this beauty on the waterline.

I purchased this from Asos for under $15.

What is your go to product for your waterline?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh thank you for the recommendation! I got the same one from rimmel and it looked very strange on my skintone :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I will be posting about another one soon, so stayed tuned.

      Delete
  2. Oh really cute eyeliner.
    Well I use from differentes brand this brand is new to me.

    xoxo

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review - I love Paul and joe packaging. X

    ReplyDelete